Meet the Deckers

Meet the Deckers
We are a blessed family! It started out 3 years ago with the addition of Memphis, our crazy Labradoodle. Then, we added Jules in January 2010. Next, our little man made his appearance in May 2011. What fun times are ahead for us!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Kids!

There's a lot that runs through my mind everyday that I really want to get written down so I don't forget it.  So, here goes, some of it is an update to other posts and some of it is new!

1.  In an attempt to update our behavior chart - Jules did an excellent job of 'focusing' at school last week.  She was very excited about it too and got a big purple sucker one day for doing so well.  I love that she is so honest about it too.  She'll tell me straight up if she paid attention or not and her teachers always confirm her answer.  Last week she learned so much, she was telling me all about the plaque on my teeth! 

2.  I love that she sings songs the whole way to school in the car.  Not songs that I know, just random things to the tune of a song.  Like this morning, it was a little tune about bunnies and buildings and Beauty & the Beast and focusing and trees.  Its random but its cute to hear all the things she thinks about.  After she stops for a second, Shook always says "Yaayyy!"  and that is too cute too.  Sometimes he joins in with a tune himself.  So, they'll be singing about totally different things at the same time.



3.  They've started fighting in the car already!  This one hurts me but it is oh so true.  I thought we would have a few years for that one but no.  Mostly it is when Jules is singing (see above) and Shook wants quiet time.  He screams NO or STOP and she keeps singing louder and louder and louder until well, usually someone starts crying!  Sometimes I sit in the front and just laugh.  I mean, I know me and my brother put my mom through some great car rides and I know I love car rides with my niece and nephew so what more could I expect!

4.  Why is it that once you blog about something, the opposite happens?  Its like the doctor, you have a fever and then you get there and you don't.  Or, the speech therapist with Shook last week.  The day before she was supposed to come, he was saying "come on" and motioning to his friends (sounds more like "mone"...but you know).  And, the day after, the director of the daycare said that he even told her his car was "blue" and he was right.  This weekend, he was saying all the things he had been saying plus black, white, milk, I don't know, pig, pretty much anything we asked him to.  These people must know something?!?!?  :)  I hope it continues because it was definitely progress.

5.  I think about what motivates Jules and Shook right now and most of the time I just can't figure them out.  Michael and I were just saying that Jules is more like a politician right now.  Everybody loves her and she is everyone's friend.  It's like, if she tells you something once, why does she have to pay attention anymore or tell you again?  I mean, what other explanation is there for her knowing stuff one second and then being totally dumbfounded by your question the next?  I think its her way of saying, I got stuff to do and I already told you that once.  Shook is the total opposite.  He was rocking out the Sesame Street Memory Game this weekend; I mean, he was on a total roll.  Jules wasn't even interested until she saw that Shook was.  And, he's getting a lot of the alphabet right these days since Jules has been studying.  I'm not saying he's a Brainiac but his attention span for books and other things is longer than Jules' (at this moment...sure to change since I'm blogging about it!)  Of course, he's probably not his friends' favorite either!  Give and take!



6.  We were in the grocery store this weekend and this lady was commenting on how sweet Jules and Shook were being to each other.  Sometimes, I feel like I don't even really notice the good things they do because I more concerned about them acting bad!  But, they give lots of hugs and kisses lately.  At school pictures, they said Shook was all in Jules' face!  I love that they love each other!  And, I love that other people see it and remind me!

7. I have a lot of pictures of them playing together now.  I have this one of them hiding.

 
And, this one of them tickling on the slide!


8.  Sometimes I really wish I was more of the laid-back procrastinator type.  I wonder if I would enjoy life more in the moment?  I mean, obviously I wouldn't if I was still me because I'd be worried about when and how stuff was going to get done all the time. 

9.  I think if time could stand still, now would be great for that to happen.  I love these guys at these ages.  There is not a weekend that goes by that we don't have an absolute blast.  I'm not going to lie, it wasn't too long ago that I actually enjoyed some Mondays back at work or my work-out time alone but now I really want to pick these guys up and take them to school everyday and I dread Mondays.  Maybe its just the ebb and flow of life.

10.  There has been a lot going on with different friends and family lately.  Sometimes I feel like my life is strong and steady and I'm very grateful for that.  Very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment