Meet the Deckers

Meet the Deckers
We are a blessed family! It started out 3 years ago with the addition of Memphis, our crazy Labradoodle. Then, we added Jules in January 2010. Next, our little man made his appearance in May 2011. What fun times are ahead for us!

Monday, February 24, 2014

About Jules

Jules is so sweet and full of life.  I'm afraid and glad at the same time that she is a lot more artistic and creative thinking than her mom and dad.  This is from her music teacher.


She is really at the point now where everything is black and white.  Boys do certain things, like soccer and play ball, and girls do certain things, like dance and music, and, in her world, the two cannot cross.  I have explained to her during the men's figure skating Olympics competition (since she asked me for at least 30 minutes straight), that boys can do things that girls do and vice versa so sometimes she comes around to it but, for her, there will be no soccer or balls...she will just go watch Shook!

Her speech and language have always been really good but I don't think I ever realized how much she takes in her surroundings.  She asked two lesbian women on the bus from Disney World why two girls were together (they had been discussing their life with other patrons but I didn't think anything of it).  I wasn't really prepared for this to happen just yet so I was in shock.  They said, well, you and your mommy are together.  And, Jules said, yeah, but I have Daddy and Shook too.  I was going as fast as I could to get her off the bus!  It's just amazing what she observes. 

School work on the other hand is not her favorite.  She likes to draw and color but she is un-phased about staying in the lines, learning letters and numbers, etc.

Here are some of her favorite things (at 4 years old):

What is your favorite color? - Pink and Purple with sparkles, it can be other colors but they must have sparkles
What is your favorite animal? - Bunny rabbits
What is your favorite book? - Llama Llama
What is your favorite tv show? - Sheriff Callie
What is your favorite movie? - Princess and the Frog
What is your favorite song? - For the First Time in Forever
What is your favorite food? - Strawberries - they make you grow
What is your favorite drink? - Lemonade
What is your favorite breakfast food? - Pancakes and cereal (I like Cheerios)
What is your favorite snack? - "carrots, no fruit snacks, no yogurt"
What is your favorite outfit? - flower dress
What is your favorite game? - kitchen
What is your favorite  toy? - Minnie Spinner
What is your best friend? - Abby
What is your favorite thing to do? - play games
What is your favorite thing to do outside? - play in the grass
What is your favorite holiday? - Christmas
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? - Llamie
Where is your favorite place to go?  Honey and Dee Dee's house
What is your favorite restaurant? - Jim N Nicks
Where do you want to go on vacation? - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
What do you want to be when your grow up? - mom!
What did you do on your birthday? - eat donuts, Kathryn & Abby came to our clubhouse, played Princesses


She makes me laugh all the time and she gives me the best snuggles.  The other day I found her sidewalk chalk for her and she said "Thanks mom, I know what we would do without you!"  Ha!  She also calls her uniforms unicorns.  And, she still calls Batman Fatman.  It's too funny to correct. 

She tells me I look good most everyday, sometimes multiple times, and tells me I'm the best mom a girl could ask for.  Sometimes she does tell me that I need some sparkly shoes because my friends won't like my shoes! 

She and Shook wrestle ALL THE TIME.  And, she takes up for him a lot.  You always think it will be the boy taking up for the girl but I'm pretty sure she herself under control! 

I love her to pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment