Meet the Deckers

Meet the Deckers
We are a blessed family! It started out 3 years ago with the addition of Memphis, our crazy Labradoodle. Then, we added Jules in January 2010. Next, our little man made his appearance in May 2011. What fun times are ahead for us!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Whew!

Whew! There has been a lot of things going on around the Decker household lately.  I can't believe that we have been in our new house and school 2 months now!  I've been skipping out on blogging and trying to enjoy the summer as much as possible (and get everyone and everything settled).  So, we've been busy, I just haven't taken too many pictures...

Update on kids and school:

Jules FINALLY likes her new school.  It took a lot longer to get to this point than I thought it would.  But, she actually said last night that she has a new best friend - Abby Farmer.  I can't tell you how happy this made me.  We have been asking her over and over if she has made any friends and she always says, "No, they are mean to me."  For a while she was very serious about it but then she would start laughing after it, etc. so I knew she was pulling my leg. 

We even went to one of her new friends' birthday parties a couple of weeks ago.  Minnie Mouse was there and Jules was pumped!



She talked to Minnie a lot!


The school they are in is actually in Summer Camp right now and they have been doing lots of fun things like camping, super hero week, bouncy houses, swim, firemen, etc.  Shook loves it and has from pretty much the beginning!



Shook has loved his teacher and room from Day 1.  I'm just hoping he still loves it after transitions next week.  I think some of the teachers are getting moved around but they haven't announced it yet.  In fact, the teacher Jules likes is pregnant so I asked her yesterday who would be in there because I was afraid it would be the assistant and Jules doesn't care for her much.  But, looks like she will get someone knew and the assistant has actually already been transitioning out!...Maybe this is why Jules likes school more now!

Next week starts the real school year and the introduction to uniforms for Jules.  Please say a prayer for me as Michael will not be at home because he is starting his new job and will be traveling to Knoxville quite a bit!  I bought the uniforms last weekend plus some glittery belts and shoes to try to entice Jules but, just as I thought, I got them out of the bag and she said, "Those are not cute.  I will never wear those!"  See what I mean....prayers!

We've been doing lots of other stuff too (besides moving furniture around, trying to find stuff we like for the house and painting!) like, Grand Ole Opry trip and the Fair!


Here we are at Vince Gill.  I was really surprised how well Shook did during it - the people next to me were even a little surprised!  Ha!  Jules was a little squirmy though!  They played Rocky Top for Michael so he was in Heaven.

The fair here was really fun.  They had a little kids section where you could go through the farm and milk a cow (fake), pick corn, apples, etc.  Then, you take your basket of stuff to the farmer's market to sell it and they give you $1.  Then, you get to buy ice cream or milk - it was kind of neat.




Shook was a little too short for some of the rides but he did get to ride the boats with Jules and he loved it.  Jules tells everyone now, "I'm Jules and I'm 3".  Its pretty funny!





Jules wanted to ride every ride there - she was not afraid at all....I love it!  She also rode the ponies.


Shook only rode it for about 2 seconds.


We've been having lots of fun!  But, I guess next week will be back to reality!












No comments:

Post a Comment