Meet the Deckers

Meet the Deckers
We are a blessed family! It started out 3 years ago with the addition of Memphis, our crazy Labradoodle. Then, we added Jules in January 2010. Next, our little man made his appearance in May 2011. What fun times are ahead for us!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Leaving Harris

The last week of Harris really was as hard as I thought it was going to be, especially in Jules' class.  She has made so many great friends and that class has really great parents that Michael and I have really appreciated the last 3 years.  We are going to miss them so much. 

The class through a last day party for Jules and some parents came too, which was really nice.  Jules got a big card made by her friends, a photo album and a picture with Alabama and Tennessee.  It was all really nice.  I tried to get as many pictures as I could.




 
The teachers let Jules and her BFF sit by each other during snack even though they usually sit at different tables!



That one really breaks my heart because those girls were too funny together!  I hope that we can stay in touch with them.  I don't think Jules will let us stay away from Kathryn!
 





 

 

 


 

 

 

 



 

 


 




Jules really didn't have any idea of what was going on.  We kept trying to explain the party to her and she kept getting mad because "It wasn't her birthday!"  The other kids didn't really understand either.  I took them a picture from Jules the next day and they all just think she is with her Honey! (which she was :) )! 

We are hoping the transition goes well.  She has done okay so far.  She mostly talks about Kathryn and Elyse.  She does say that they live in Alabama and she lives in Tennessee now so hopefully it is sinking in a little.  It's weird that a 3 year old can concern you over a move so much but I really have been worried about her.

She starts at her new school tomorrow!  We are praying for a fast friend.  She keeps asking if we are leaving her there and I keep telling her it will be just like her old school.  The new school does a summer camp where everyday they have something or someone come in and tomorrow is the library.  So, I'm hoping all the new stuff really catches her attention and keeps her busy.  Please say a prayer with me!

Shook's good-bye was a bit different but he has made some good friends there too - mostly his girl Annabelle.  I know they are going to miss each other.  His little friends call him Shookie Decker and it is so cute.  They do "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" with all the faces of the kids and the teachers say that all the kids immediately say "Shookie Decker!  He's my friend!"  Haha... They say he is the only picture that they all get right.  Here some of that cutie with his friends the last week.



 

 I just love the last kisses.


Shook starts the new daycare part-time and will go Tuesdays and Thursdays until the have a full spot available.  This is probably better for him anyway because it usually takes him awhile to get acquainted to people.  Watch, I say that and he will be the one that acts like its no problem!  One can hope!

 We have really loved being at Harris.  I don't think we could have found a better spot for Jules and Shook in Birmingham.  I just hope that we like the new school as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment